At Foothills Soccer Club we know that performance follows attitude. The right attitude varies with age, but with the right attitude, boys and girls will commit to the hard work, the preparation and the challenge of contributing positively to their team and their community. Players will be encouraged to participate, to come out of their comfort zone, and to understand that soccer is about decision making.
Our Coaching staff strives to create a culture of teaching, developing, standards, discipline, care and concern. They understand that a players development is a journey and that each player’s journey may be unique.
Our goal is to develop well rounded children who will understand:
- Fair play – Character
- Work ethic – Speed and mobility
- Discipline – Courage and bravery
- Teamwork – Knowledge and awareness
- How to win – Technical and tactical awareness
- How to lose – Mental toughness
- Enjoyment – It’s proven, kids who have fun in soccer, try harder, perform better and stay involved longer
A parent’s job is to bring themselves and their child to club events with the right attitude for development. Parents have just as big an impact on a child’s soccer experience as the club. Given that, we ask all our parents to exhibit great sportsmanship and a positive attitude at all Foothills functions. Your child will notice your approach and it will have an impact.